Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yep, I actually have an update!

So, the super secret thing I was knitting is finally finished. It only took 4 months...

I suppose it could have been worse. About half way through, I realized that throwing was just too slow. I watched about fifty videos of speed knitters online and decided that I just HAD to learn continental style.

I have to admit, it seemed like quite the daunting task at first but the videos I watched were so helpful! I picked it up so incredibly fast and now I am officially a speed knitter.

So, if I hadn't learned continental, I would probably still be working on the shawl. Anyway, the shawl was a gift for my mom. Originally meant for her birthday back in February - I finished it just in time for Mother's Day. I cannot remember where I got the stitch pattern from, but it was called the Waterfall stitch. It's kind of a false cable stitch. It's really quite pretty and lacey. Thank you whoever created that stitch!

I also can't find the yarn wrapping, so I have no idea what yarn it is I used. That is definitely the disadvantage to working on a project for more than a month. I lose things or my husband throws things away. (He hates clutter). Anyway, here it is in all its glory!

Back of shawl
front of shawl
stitch detail

Pretty, huh?

I've got a pattern written for a cute cardigan I want to make with some bamboo cotton blend yarn I found. I'll have to let you know how it goes. :) No secret projects for the time being.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: